Havana, December 5 (RHC)-- The president of the National Electoral Commission of Cuba, Alina Balseiro, stated that the Caribbean nation has a genuine and democratic electoral system that guarantees transparency in the results of the balloting.
During a press conference held in Havana, Balseiro underscored that the guarantee of this democratic electoral process was the more than seven million people who voted in the first round on November 26th.
She described as “unethical” the statements of Heather Nauert, spokesperson of the U.S. State Department, and of other officials from the Donald Trump administration, who questioned the transparency in the recent municipal elections in Cuba.
- Cuban president begins two-day working visit to Camagüey
- MarCuba 2018: time to turn the tide and change direction towards protecting the oceans
- Havana gears up to host Cuba's main trade event
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Migrant caravan moves north towards U.S.-Mexico Border
- Homero Acosta: The Cuban Communist Party must abide by the Constitution and uphold it
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3214
- today: 2644
- online: 127
- total: 5255194