Features 15 watercolor paintings by Antonio Guerrero, who learned to paint and draw from fellow inmates.
After finishing painting number 15, I made the decision to stop at this number, because it coincides with the number of years that soon will mark our captivity, wrote Guerrero in his introductory note to the exhibit.
Special Opening Reception and Program:
Sunday, March 2, 2014 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Celebrate the scheduled release
from prison a few days earlier of
one of the Cuban Five
Coffee and Crepes
4545 Cesar Chavez Avenue
East Los Angeles (just east of the 710)
Exhibit runs March 2 - March 30
Tuesday - Thursday 10 am - 4 pm
Friday & Saturday 12 pm - 8 pm
Sponsors: Coffee and Crepes; Carlos Ugalde, Professor Emeritus Glendale Community College and Photographer; Films4Cuban5;Oscar Albuernie, artist; Ed Turner, shop steward International Association of Machinists Local 1932;
Peter Schey, President, Center for Human Rights and Constitutional Law; Socialist Workers Party;
Raimundo Reynoso, Journalist, (AMATE), Alternative Media and Trade Editions; Lawrence Reyes, Puerto Rican Alliance
For More Information: Visit Facebook page of Coffee and Crepes by Vicki
Phone: (323) 263-4544 or (323) 661-1980
Learn more about the Cuban Five: www.thecuban5.org
The Cuban Five are Cuban patriots who were
monitoring the activities of anti-Cuban exiles in
Miami. These groups had already carried out
deadly attacks against Cuba and were planning
more. The FBI arrested the Five on Sept. 12, 1998.
In a trial in Miami marked by what a federal
appeals panel called a "perfect storm" of prejudice,
the Five were convicted and given sentences
that ranged from 15 years to two life terms.
Learn about this injustice and what you can do
- Fidel Castro: “I'm not important. It is the six million Cubans back home that follow this visit who matter to me"
- Eusebio Leal: the public debate on the draft of constitution allows for advancing towards a stronger, more united nation
- Cuban-American: our participation in the constitutional reform process can help us find the way to talk with just one voice
- Cuban-Americans need to put pressure on their senators and congresspeople to change U.S.-policy towards Cuba
- Cubans living abroad will have a say in writing Constitution
- Manuel Zelaya: We are here to defend regional peoples, their conquests and their rights
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3625
- today: 1303
- online: 116
- total: 5031574