Havana, Oct 17 (RHC) On October 16th, Antonio Guerrero, one of five Cuban anti-terrorist fighters condemned to unjust prison sentences in the United States for fighting terrorism, celebrated his 55th birthday. In a note sent from Marianna prison, located in southern Florida, where he is serving his sentence, Guerrero expressed his appreciation for the words he received on his birthday.
In the text message, Tony said: "With these few lines, I would like to try to show my gratitude to everyone for such beautiful words of love, solidarity, and encouragement."
He also recalled that coincidentally, old friends from the international airport in Santiago de Cuba, where he worked as an airfield construction engineer after graduating in 1983, also celebrated his birthday on October 16th.
In an interview offered by Civil engineer Melania Peillon, who worked with Tony at the remodeling process that he headed at the Santiago de Cuba airport, she recalled how Guerrero made use of his deep technical knowledge, professional skills and human qualities with this aim; as well as being a wonderful human being.
- Cuba-CARICOM Day celebrated in Havana
- Cuba presents business opportunities in oil and energy sector
- Fidel: The Caribbean is an example of how peoples and governments can work together united by culture, history and common interests
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Ireland, a stone in the brexit shoe
- Havana hosts conference on climate change vulnerability and resilience in the Caribbean
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3486
- today: 1462
- online: 121
- total: 5419008