Havana, Oct 17 (RHC) On October 16th, Antonio Guerrero, one of five Cuban anti-terrorist fighters condemned to unjust prison sentences in the United States for fighting terrorism, celebrated his 55th birthday. In a note sent from Marianna prison, located in southern Florida, where he is serving his sentence, Guerrero expressed his appreciation for the words he received on his birthday.
In the text message, Tony said: "With these few lines, I would like to try to show my gratitude to everyone for such beautiful words of love, solidarity, and encouragement."
He also recalled that coincidentally, old friends from the international airport in Santiago de Cuba, where he worked as an airfield construction engineer after graduating in 1983, also celebrated his birthday on October 16th.
In an interview offered by Civil engineer Melania Peillon, who worked with Tony at the remodeling process that he headed at the Santiago de Cuba airport, she recalled how Guerrero made use of his deep technical knowledge, professional skills and human qualities with this aim; as well as being a wonderful human being.
- U.S. congressional delegation wraps up visit to Cuba
- Activists urge protest actions to demand closure of Guantánamo Naval Base
- Argentina, in the claws of the vultures!
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Visiting US congressional delegation meets with President Raúl Castro, speaks to the media in Havana
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4312
- today: 1927
- online: 151
- total: 4372252