Huancayo, Perú, November 15 (RHC-PL),--- Ailín Labañino, daughter of one of the three Cuban heroes still detained in United States jails, thanked today the Peruvian solidarity actions in demand of their excarceration.
On her arrival to Huancayo, the daughter of prisoner Ramon Labañino stressed equally the beginning, today, of the 15th Peruvian Solidarity Meeting, which she attends as a guest, together with the Cuban ambassador to Peru, Juana Martinez.
She also called for the intensification of the international campaign demanding U.S. President Barack Obama use his prerogative to free Ramon, Antonio Guerrero and Gerardo Hernandez detained 16 years ago. Together with Rene Gonzalez and Fernando Gonzalez, already back in Cuba after serving their full sentences, they are known the world over as the Cuban Five.
The 15th Peruvian Solidarity with Cuba Meeting started with the accreditation of delegates of diverse Peruvian regions, in La Colombina, a recreation center for construction workers.
The delegates filled the resort with enthusiasm and warm feelings, as well as friendly expressions of many who meet each year for this purpose.
The agenda of the meeting included the rejection of the U.S. blockade on Cuba and the demand of freedom for Ramon, Antonio and Gerardo,.
There will also be conferences to update situation in Cuba and to agree on solidarity actions in favor of the island nation that in Peru has a long tradition.
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- Fermín Quiñones: Helms-Burton is against the international community
- RHC's scientific and medical review
- Anayansi Rodriguez: Fidel taught us to defend peace and noble causes around the world
- Fernández de Cossío: the current U.S. government wrongly believe that they can reedit the Monroe Doctrine in our region
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3010
- today: 1519
- online: 102
- total: 5863292