HAVANA, 30 Sept. (RHC-PL). - The Continental Front of Community Organizations, has demanded from the Government of the United States the unconditional release of four antiterrorist Cubans imprisoned in US Federal jails.
The demand was issued by this organization, one of the participants in the Meeting of Solidarity against the Blockade, Terrorism and for the Release of the Five, with delegates from organizations of a dozen countries attending.
Those antiterrorist fighters were arrested in 1998 in Miami for just monitoring the activities of terrorist organizations that conduct attacks against Cuba, including the bomb placed in a Cuban commercial airliner that caused, in 1976 the death in Barbados of all 73 persons aboard.
The meeting heard a conference by Ricardo Alarcon, former Chairman of the Cuban Parliament, who said that only the widest possible dissemination of the truth of this case will spread around the world the innocence of the four Cubans still imprisoned in US dungeons.
The participants had just attended the Eighth Congress of the Committees for the Defense of the Revolution and voiced their intention of flooding the White House with petitions for the release of the four Cuban heroes.
The organizations also condemned the U.S. economic, commercial and financial blockade against Cuba, enforced against the Caribbean Island for over half a century.
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- Fermín Quiñones: Helms-Burton is against the international community
- RHC's scientific and medical review
- Anayansi Rodriguez: Fidel taught us to defend peace and noble causes around the world
- Fernández de Cossío: the current U.S. government wrongly believe that they can reedit the Monroe Doctrine in our region
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3010
- today: 1450
- online: 136
- total: 5863223