Quebec youth sue Canada, citing gross negligence on climate change. Photo: Democracy Now
Ottawa, December 7 (RHC)-- In Canada, an environmental group is launching a class-action lawsuit against the government on behalf of the nearly 3.5 million Quebecers under the age of 35, who they say will be the most affected by climate change.
The nonprofit group Environment Youth is accusing the Canadian government of “gross negligence” by refraining from taking decisive action to combat climate change. A similar suit is making its way through the courts in the U.S., pitting 21 children and young adults against the federal government.
- Foreign minister Bruno Rodriguez says Cuba condemns terrorism and war
- Cuban minister of culture: Decree 349 was issued to favor, promote and protect culture and artistic actions in public spaces
- Cuban president rejects U.S. interference
- Cuban scholar: the Trump administration will fail because they do not understand Cuba's reality
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3412
- today: 2613
- online: 154
- total: 5566227