Greenland ice sheet melting at fastest pace in centuries. Photo: Reuters
Washington, December 10 (RHC)-- A new report finds Greenland’s ice sheet is melting at the fastest rate in centuries, as atmospheric carbon dioxide levels from human activity continue to increase to historic highs.
Writing in the journal Nature, a team of international researchers warns that not only is Greenland’s melt beginning to add to global sea level rise, but the rate of the melt is accelerating.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 5771
- today: 2375
- online: 185
- total: 6620472