Climate study finds ocean temperatures hit record high in 2018. Photo: Reuters
Washington, January 21 (RHC)-- In climate news, a new study finds Earth’s oceans reached their warmest temperature in recorded history in 2018 -- an ominous sign that greenhouse gas emissions are fueling rising seas and ever more powerful storms.
The analysis published in the journal Advances in Atmospheric Sciences finds ocean warming has accelerated sharply since the 1990s, at a pace that’s much faster than previously recognized.
- RHC's Corner Taken Quickly
- RHC's national and international news stories Sept. 13
- Miguel Diaz-Canel: None of the measures we are implementing are improvised
- RHC's segment Notes on the Revolution Column #5 Sept. 13
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show Sept. 13
- Cuba will never renounce its solidarity with Venezuela
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3080
- today: 1949
- online: 129
- total: 6363602