Climate study finds ocean temperatures hit record high in 2018. Photo: Reuters
Washington, January 21 (RHC)-- In climate news, a new study finds Earth’s oceans reached their warmest temperature in recorded history in 2018 -- an ominous sign that greenhouse gas emissions are fueling rising seas and ever more powerful storms.
The analysis published in the journal Advances in Atmospheric Sciences finds ocean warming has accelerated sharply since the 1990s, at a pace that’s much faster than previously recognized.
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- Fermín Quiñones: Helms-Burton is against the international community
- RHC's scientific and medical review
- Anayansi Rodriguez: Fidel taught us to defend peace and noble causes around the world
- Fernández de Cossío: the current U.S. government wrongly believe that they can reedit the Monroe Doctrine in our region
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2318
- today: 1695
- online: 113
- total: 5868416