Climate study finds ocean temperatures hit record high in 2018. Photo: Reuters
Washington, January 21 (RHC)-- In climate news, a new study finds Earth’s oceans reached their warmest temperature in recorded history in 2018 -- an ominous sign that greenhouse gas emissions are fueling rising seas and ever more powerful storms.
The analysis published in the journal Advances in Atmospheric Sciences finds ocean warming has accelerated sharply since the 1990s, at a pace that’s much faster than previously recognized.
- Cuba strongly rejects inclusion in arbitrary US Report on Trafficking in Persons
- EU commissioner for international cooperation says ties with Cuba have evolved to higher levels
- Business executive says Cuba is a very popular resort among Europeans
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- US academic not surprised that Trump Administration has made it more difficult for Americans to travel to Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2951
- today: 3178
- online: 109
- total: 6064256