Climate study finds ocean temperatures hit record high in 2018. Photo: Reuters
Washington, January 21 (RHC)-- In climate news, a new study finds Earth’s oceans reached their warmest temperature in recorded history in 2018 -- an ominous sign that greenhouse gas emissions are fueling rising seas and ever more powerful storms.
The analysis published in the journal Advances in Atmospheric Sciences finds ocean warming has accelerated sharply since the 1990s, at a pace that’s much faster than previously recognized.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 5771
- today: 1043
- online: 149
- total: 6619140