Climate study finds ocean temperatures hit record high in 2018. Photo: Reuters
Washington, January 21 (RHC)-- In climate news, a new study finds Earth’s oceans reached their warmest temperature in recorded history in 2018 -- an ominous sign that greenhouse gas emissions are fueling rising seas and ever more powerful storms.
The analysis published in the journal Advances in Atmospheric Sciences finds ocean warming has accelerated sharply since the 1990s, at a pace that’s much faster than previously recognized.
- This weekend, Cubans serving abroad will have the opportunity to vote on the country’s new constitution
- Italian undersecretary of foreign affairs on official visit to Cuba
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba: It is imperative to halt an imperialist military intervention in Venezuela
- President Miguel Diaz-Canel assesses progress of recovery after devastating tornado
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3520
- today: 2118
- online: 170
- total: 5646265