The last performances of Don Quixote by the Cuban National Ballet Company will be held at Havana’s Grand Theater this weekend to celebrate the 90th birthday of Cuban Revolution leader, Fidel Castro.
The leading roles of Kitri and Basilio will be assumed by Sadaise Arencibia and Raúl Abreu on Friday; Anette Delgado and Dani Hernández on Saturday, and by Viengsay Valdés and Patricio Revé on Sunday. Other parts such as Mercedes and Espada will be danced by promising dancers Ginett Moncho and Adrián Masvidal on Friday, Jessie Domínguez and Francois Llorente on Saturday and Ginett Moncho and Ariel Martínez on Sunday.
Don Quixote was premiered in Moscow’s Bolshoi Theater on December 26th, 1869, inspired by an episode of the famous Spanish novel El ingenioso hidalgo Don Quijote de La Mancha, by Miguel de Cervantes. The Cuban version was presented for the first time on July 6th, 1988 at Havana’s Grand Theater.
- Cuba denounces maneuvers in Peru
- Cuban civil society thinks about America
- Cuban civil society debates agenda of upcoming Summit of the Americas
- Kenyan business executive says Cuba is a great place
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Manipulated minds can equal secured votes
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4099
- today: 1249
- online: 131
- total: 4487101