Renowned Cuban ballet dancer, Carlos Acosta, was honored by the Queen of England in her traditional New Year list published this Tuesday.
Acosta has been granted the Order of the British Empire. The famous Cuban performer was born in Havana and has been a guest principal with the Royal Ballet in London for a number of years, as well as a choreographer, a writer and actor. The 40-year-old dancer said that it was a surprise to learn about the news and that he is privileged for receiving such an honor.
Among other personalities, the British Queen also granted the distinction to 70-year-old gynecologist, Marcus Setchell, who delayed his retirement to deliver the birth in July of Prince George, third on the succession line to the throne of England.
- Sao Paulo Forum pledges regional unity and integration
- Dilma Rousseff: Lula is our hope
- Trump announces that he will seek re-election
- Fidel Castro: Neoliberalism is nobody's alternative
- Ralph Gonsalves urges regional unity toward peace and sustainable development
- RHC's Mailbag Show
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4070
- today: 1355
- online: 119
- total: 4933128