Renowned Cuban ballet dancer, Carlos Acosta, was honored by the Queen of England in her traditional New Year list published this Tuesday.
Acosta has been granted the Order of the British Empire. The famous Cuban performer was born in Havana and has been a guest principal with the Royal Ballet in London for a number of years, as well as a choreographer, a writer and actor. The 40-year-old dancer said that it was a surprise to learn about the news and that he is privileged for receiving such an honor.
Among other personalities, the British Queen also granted the distinction to 70-year-old gynecologist, Marcus Setchell, who delayed his retirement to deliver the birth in July of Prince George, third on the succession line to the throne of England.
MAKE A COMMENTAll fields required
- Iranian foreign minister says U.S. sanctions inflicted $1 trillion damage on economy
- Cuba reports 937 and 4 deaths
- Cuba organizes the economy to advance in its development
- World Health Organization urges rich nations not to undermine COVAX scheme
- Authorities of the Agriculture Ministry hold talks with animal rights supporters