Renowned Cuban ballet dancer, Carlos Acosta, was honored by the Queen of England in her traditional New Year list published this Tuesday.
Acosta has been granted the Order of the British Empire. The famous Cuban performer was born in Havana and has been a guest principal with the Royal Ballet in London for a number of years, as well as a choreographer, a writer and actor. The 40-year-old dancer said that it was a surprise to learn about the news and that he is privileged for receiving such an honor.
Among other personalities, the British Queen also granted the distinction to 70-year-old gynecologist, Marcus Setchell, who delayed his retirement to deliver the birth in July of Prince George, third on the succession line to the throne of England.
MAKE A COMMENTAll fields required
- European Union Urges Israel to Stop Building Illegal Settlements
- Cuban tourism is secure and on the rise
- Financial Giant Wells Fargo Fined $185 Million for Creating Phony Accounts and Credit Cards
- 60th Anniversary of the Landing of the Granma
- Excerpts of Speech by Cuban President Raul Castro, December 3rd, Santiago de Cuba