Cuban Ballet and University Students Federation celebrate 60th anniversary of historical performance
The 1956 ballet show to make amends for the Batista regime’s attack on Cuban prima ballerina assoluta, Alicia Alonso, and the Cuban Ballet at that time was commemorated at Havana’s University over the weekend. The show was organized by the Cuban National Ballet Company, the Cuban University Students Federation –FEU- and Havana’s University.
The performance took place this time at the University of Havana’s Ignacio Agramonte Square and was attended by Cuba’s First Vice-President, Miguel Díaz-Canel Bermúdez; Young Communist League leader, Sucelys Morfa; FEU’s President, Jennifer Bello, and other government, communist party officials, dancers and intellectuals.
Included in the program was a piece danced at the 1956 show: Les Sylphides (which starred the founding father of Cuban ballet, Fernando Alonso, at that time), Percussion for six men, and a suite of the famous classical Don Quixote, danced this time by Anette Delgado, Sadaise Arencibia, Dani Hernández, Patricio Revé, Ginett Moncho, Claudia García, Maureen Gil, Mercedes Piedra, Daniel Barba, Raúl Abreu, Francois Llorente and Yankiel Vázquez, supported by the famous Cuban corps de ballet.
- Cuban president begins two-day working visit to Camagüey
- MarCuba 2018: time to turn the tide and change direction towards protecting the oceans
- Havana gears up to host Cuba's main trade event
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Migrant caravan moves north towards U.S.-Mexico Border
- Homero Acosta: The Cuban Communist Party must abide by the Constitution and uphold it
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3332
- today: 2392
- online: 116
- total: 5251728