La Charanga Habanera, the Ignacio Piñeiro National Septet, singer Omara Portuondo and Gente de Zona will represent Cuba at the 17th Latin Grammy Awards.
Charanga Habanera with the album Vivito y coleando ; the Ignacio Piñeiro National Septet with the CD El más grande y universal; the so called Diva of the Buena Vista Social club, singer Omara Portuondo with the children’s album Canciones De Cri Cri «El Grillo Cantor», and Gente de Zona with Vizualízate are representing the island at the coveted awards.
Charanga Habanera is competing in the category of Best Contemporary Tropical Album, while the National Septet’s CD is running as Best Traditional Tropical Album. Cuban singer Omara Portuondo is competing in the category of Best Latin Music for Children and Gente de Zona as Best Tropical Fusion Album.
Other Cubans participating in the 17th Latin Grammy Awards is Jacob Forever with his hit Hasta que se seque el malecón as Best Fusion/Urban Performance and Leo Brouwer with Sonata De Los Viajeros in the Best Contemporary Classical Composition category. The winners will be announced on November 17th at the T-Mobile Arena in the US city of Las Vegas.
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 02, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran June 1, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 01, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran May 31, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for May 31 , 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for May 30 , 2020
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 6843
- today: 4010
- online: 240
- total: 8075912