An artistic gala to mark the 161st anniversary of Cuban National Hero José Martí’s birthday, and the museum’s 89th anniversary will be held at the venue on January 28th with the participation of the National Choir, the Cuban TV Ballet and several soloists.
The Museum is located in the Old Havana house where Martí was born on January 28th, 1853 and treasures some of the Cuban hero’s personal belongings, works and documents. The cultural and historical institution is also marking 125 years of the children’s magazine La Edad de Oro (The Golden Age), published by Martí in New York in July, 1889. While in exile, José Martí wrote and published four issues of the publication that circulated from early July through October 1889 at the price of 25 cents.
The museum, known as Casa Natal de José Martí (José Martí’s Birth House) preserves the first original issues of that famous work by the famous Cuban intellectual.
- Cuba strongly rejects inclusion in arbitrary US Report on Trafficking in Persons
- EU commissioner for international cooperation says ties with Cuba have evolved to higher levels
- Business executive says Cuba is a very popular resort among Europeans
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- US academic not surprised that Trump Administration has made it more difficult for Americans to travel to Cuba
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3536
- today: 865
- online: 95
- total: 6072865