2012 National Fine Arts Award winner, Cuban painter Ever Fonseca and his band are set to be on a tour of the island to let audiences know about his poetic and musical skills.
The renowned Cuban artist will take the opportunity to show a sample of his paintings and sing with his band tunes of his repertoire.
Fonseca’s work is marked by a wide variety of awards, numerous personal and collective exhibitions in Cuba and more than 25 countries and his frequent attendance to international and national events.
The artist has said that the tour, which will include Cuban music genre like “son”, “sucu sucu” and “punto güajiro”, could be in July or August. His music is basically linked to issues such as nature and love. Fonseca is set to perform during the Havana Cigar Festival in Havana from February 24th through 28th.
Ever Fonseca, graduated from the National Art School, also has a 20-year-long career as a teacher and professor in the three levels of fine art education in Cuba.
- U.S. Republican lawmakers favor agricultural trade between Cuba and the United States
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Terrible week in Guatemala
- Colombians in awe due to threat of disaster at hidroituango dam
- Cuba condemns OAS' interference in Venezuela's internal affairs
- U.S. imperialism has not succeeded in destroying Puerto Rican nationalism
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3919
- today: 845
- online: 93
- total: 4835498