Lizt Alfonso Dance Cuba is premiering its new show Latido (Beat) at Havana's Grand Theater Alicia Alonso on Friday to mark its 25th anniversary.
The music score was originally composed by renowned Cuban sax player, maestro César López, who composes music for a ballet for the first time. The almost one-month season of the one-hour show has nine scenes, while experimentation is the forte of «Latido» as part of the dance ensemble’s continued renovation of its well-known fusion style. The dancers, the company’s music group and musicians from Lopez’s own band will be on stage to mix ballet and contemporary dance. The show’s season includes performances on May 13-14, 18-21 and 25-28.
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- Fermín Quiñones: Helms-Burton is against the international community
- RHC's scientific and medical review
- Anayansi Rodriguez: Fidel taught us to defend peace and noble causes around the world
- Fernández de Cossío: the current U.S. government wrongly believe that they can reedit the Monroe Doctrine in our region
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2630
- today: 127
- online: 95
- total: 5864530