Young Cuban ballerina, Viengsay Valdés, will again make headlines at the International Book Fair, Cuba 2014, as her biography is set to be launched at the arts gathering.
Valdés tells her memories in the book De Acero y Nube (Of Steel and Cloud) published by Ruth Publishing House. Its author, Carlos Tablada, extensively reviews the Cuban National Ballet Company premier dancer's career from her times as a ballet student up to some of her most recent tours abroad and performances in Cuba.
The book’s pages include testimony by Cuban cultural celebrities, such as Cuban Prima Ballerina Assoluta and ballet legend, Alicia Alonso, and Cuban Writers and Artists Association President, writer Miguel Barnet. De Acero y Nube (Of Steel and Cloud) will be launched as an e-book at the fair and its hard cover version will be published in October, when Ruth Publishing House will be celebrating its first year.
- Anayansi Rodriguez: Fidel taught us to defend peace and noble causes around the world
- Fernández de Cossío: the current U.S. government wrongly believe that they can reedit the Monroe Doctrine in our region
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Courage and loyalty in the face of lies and aggression
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3053
- today: 2705
- online: 125
- total: 5856052