The Cuban fiction film La Hoja de la Caleta premiers at the capital’s Charles Chaplin Theater Wednesday, Jan. 10th.
The 78-minute-long movie is produced by Havana’s Film and TV Soap Opera Production House, directed by Mirtha González, codirected by Jorge Campanería and written by Pavel Alejandro Barrios. The movie tells the story of a boy, Bertico, who was raised by his father the hard. The boy’s mother who has been absent until she suddenly shows up to take her child to live with her; it’s the boy’s decision, however, to stay or leave.
The father is played by actor Johandry Aballe; the child is played by Carlos Denis; Yoandra Suárez is playing the role of the mother; while renowned Cuban actors Manuel Porto and Irela Bravo are part of the cast, made up of talented young actors and actresses that work on a movie for the first film.
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba ratifies its unwavering support for Nicaragua
- Cuba renews its solidarity with Nicaragua
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuban lawmakers studying draft of new Constitution
- Machado Ventura: Unity among the left and progressive forces is urgently needed these days
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3453
- today: 799
- online: 98
- total: 4947096