Paris, April 9 (RHC)— The International Jazz Day 2018 will be held on April 30 and the Russia city of Saint Petersburg will be this year´s main venue.
The Director-General of UNESCO, Audrey Azoulay, and UNESCO Goodwill Ambassador Herbie Hancock today announced the program for the 2018 edition, with events in the Russian city and over 190 countries around the world.
The main concert will take place at the historic Mariinsky Theatre, an event which will be streamed live worldwide.
Meanwhile, on 22 April, a special concert will commemorate the 300th anniversary of the founding of New Orleans, the birthplace of jazz, in the city’s historic Congo Square. This will start the official countdown to International Jazz Day, kicking off a series of education programs throughout New Orleans public schools and around the world.
The previous edition of the International Jazz Day was held in Havana with the presence of jazz luminaries from around the world.
- Cuban lawmakers studying draft of new Constitution
- Machado Ventura: Unity among the left and progressive forces is urgently needed these days
- Miguel Díaz-Canel: It is our duty to defend Our Americas
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- Sao Paulo Forum pledges regional unity and integration
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4133
- today: 2327
- online: 130
- total: 4938233