Ethiel Faílde, Director of Miguel Faílde orchestra
Washington, May 12 (RHC) -- The renowned Miguel Faílde orchestra and pianist Jorge Luis Pacheco took their music to a popular Washington site as part of the Arts of Cuba Festival currently underway there.
With the aim of interacting with the community, the Cuban performers played outside the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, now hosting the Arts of Cuba Festival: from the island to the world until June 4th, with the participation of more than 400 artists and performers living in Cuba and abroad.
In one of the sites of the popular Washington Busboys and Poets chain that includes restaurants, bookstores and theaters, the audience enjoyed the performance of the Miguel Faílde orchestra playing Cuban music genre, such as ‘danzón’ and ‘mambo’, about which the musicians gave dancing lessons.
With the attendance of Cuban diplomats, Jorge Luis Pacheco, better known as Pachequito, also played his piece Andino, and Tú, mi desengaño, by Pablo Milanés.
- Cuban president calls for sensitivity in facing damage from Hurricane Michael
- Fidel Castro: Our enemies' hatred grows as our Revolution strengthens
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Good news from Guatemala
- President Miguel Díaz-Canel says 150 years later Cuban Revolution is the same and so are its challenges
- Cuba: The Revolution that began 150 years ago lives on today
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3898
- today: 2556
- online: 129
- total: 5240988