Young contemporary dance company Malpaso
Washington, May 12 (RHC) -- The young Cuban contemporary dance company Malpaso received standing ovations at the John F. Kennedy Center as part of the Arts of Cuba Festival.
Over the weekend the ovations confirmed the acceptance of the event dedicated to Cuba in the US capital. Vals indomable (Indomitable Waltz) by Aszure Barton, along with the company’s classics Ocaso (Sunset) and 24 horas y un perro (24 hours and a dog) by the ensemble’s artistic director and dancer Osnel Delgado were part of the program at the Kenndy Center. This is the third time that the group performs in the US capital but the first at the prestigious Washington based art institution.
Malpaso was officially set up in December, 2012 and in March, 2014 it was already performing at the Joyce Theatre with the cooperation of Ron K. Brown, as part of a more extensive collaboration project with the Ludwig Foundation of Cuba, the Joyce Theater and BAM (Brooklyn Academy of Music).
The Arts of Cuba Festival also includes six Cuban movies, such as the screening of Memories of Underdevelopment by Tomás Gutiérrez Alea; Lucía by de Humberto Solás; Portrait of Teresa by Pastor Vega; Strawberries and Chocolate by Alea and Juan Carlos Tabío, Suite Habana by Fernando Pérez and Conducta (Behavior) by Ernesto Daranas.
- Cuban president begins two-day working visit to Camagüey
- MarCuba 2018: time to turn the tide and change direction towards protecting the oceans
- Havana gears up to host Cuba's main trade event
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Migrant caravan moves north towards U.S.-Mexico Border
- Homero Acosta: The Cuban Communist Party must abide by the Constitution and uphold it
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3214
- today: 629
- online: 119
- total: 5253179