A special gala dedicated to International Women’s Day will be held at the National Theater’s Covarrubias Hall on Saturday with the performance of Jorge Luis Pacheco and his quartet, and jazz pianist, maestro Ruy López-Nussa, as a guest artist.
The list of guests includes the so called “Diva of the Buena Vista Social Club Project,” renowned Cuban singer Omara Portuondo; singer Beatriz Márquez; young jazz musician, Yasek Manzano; young Cuban singer, Luna Manzanares and others.
Jorge Luis Pacheco Campos is a young Cuban pianist, percussionist and composer who is a hit in today’s contemporary music panorama due to his brilliant career in the jazz world.
Since 2010 he’s been directing his own band and is currently studying at the Higher Institute for the Arts, known as ISA. Pacheco has performed in the United States, Mexico, Germany, Spain, Italy, Barbados, Brazil, France and Canada.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4802
- today: 381
- online: 152
- total: 6656248