Paul Laverty with San Sebastián Festival's Best Scrip Award
San Sebastian, October 1 (RHC) – Britain’s Paul Laverty won the Best Script Award at Spain’s International Film Festival of San Sebastían for Yuli, a movie inspired by the life of renowned Cuban dancer Carlos Acosta.
Directed by Spain’s Icíar Bollaín, Yuli is starred by Carlos Acosta himself, Laura de la Uz and other actors, actresses and performers.
Upon receiving the award, Paul Laverty denounced the economic, commercial and financial blockade of the United States against Cuba.
In his speech, Laverty said that only the United States and Israel support embargo, calling the two countries ‘two experts in punishing the civilian population’. ‘We have to end this blockade because it’s shame,’ he concluded.
- This weekend, Cubans serving abroad will have the opportunity to vote on the country’s new constitution
- Italian undersecretary of foreign affairs on official visit to Cuba
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba: It is imperative to halt an imperialist military intervention in Venezuela
- President Miguel Diaz-Canel assesses progress of recovery after devastating tornado
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2933
- today: 1040
- online: 109
- total: 5648120