Paul Laverty with San Sebastián Festival's Best Scrip Award
San Sebastian, October 1 (RHC) – Britain’s Paul Laverty won the Best Script Award at Spain’s International Film Festival of San Sebastían for Yuli, a movie inspired by the life of renowned Cuban dancer Carlos Acosta.
Directed by Spain’s Icíar Bollaín, Yuli is starred by Carlos Acosta himself, Laura de la Uz and other actors, actresses and performers.
Upon receiving the award, Paul Laverty denounced the economic, commercial and financial blockade of the United States against Cuba.
In his speech, Laverty said that only the United States and Israel support embargo, calling the two countries ‘two experts in punishing the civilian population’. ‘We have to end this blockade because it’s shame,’ he concluded.
- Cuban president calls for sensitivity in facing damage from Hurricane Michael
- Fidel Castro: Our enemies' hatred grows as our Revolution strengthens
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Good news from Guatemala
- President Miguel Díaz-Canel says 150 years later Cuban Revolution is the same and so are its challenges
- Cuba: The Revolution that began 150 years ago lives on today
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3898
- today: 2758
- online: 140
- total: 5241190