Paul Laverty with San Sebastián Festival's Best Scrip Award
San Sebastian, October 1 (RHC) – Britain’s Paul Laverty won the Best Script Award at Spain’s International Film Festival of San Sebastían for Yuli, a movie inspired by the life of renowned Cuban dancer Carlos Acosta.
Directed by Spain’s Icíar Bollaín, Yuli is starred by Carlos Acosta himself, Laura de la Uz and other actors, actresses and performers.
Upon receiving the award, Paul Laverty denounced the economic, commercial and financial blockade of the United States against Cuba.
In his speech, Laverty said that only the United States and Israel support embargo, calling the two countries ‘two experts in punishing the civilian population’. ‘We have to end this blockade because it’s shame,’ he concluded.
- Cuba strongly rejects inclusion in arbitrary US Report on Trafficking in Persons
- EU commissioner for international cooperation says ties with Cuba have evolved to higher levels
- Business executive says Cuba is a very popular resort among Europeans
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- US academic not surprised that Trump Administration has made it more difficult for Americans to travel to Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2951
- today: 3725
- online: 100
- total: 6064803