Paul Laverty with San Sebastián Festival's Best Scrip Award
San Sebastian, October 1 (RHC) – Britain’s Paul Laverty won the Best Script Award at Spain’s International Film Festival of San Sebastían for Yuli, a movie inspired by the life of renowned Cuban dancer Carlos Acosta.
Directed by Spain’s Icíar Bollaín, Yuli is starred by Carlos Acosta himself, Laura de la Uz and other actors, actresses and performers.
Upon receiving the award, Paul Laverty denounced the economic, commercial and financial blockade of the United States against Cuba.
In his speech, Laverty said that only the United States and Israel support embargo, calling the two countries ‘two experts in punishing the civilian population’. ‘We have to end this blockade because it’s shame,’ he concluded.
- Cuba-CARICOM Day celebrated in Havana
- Cuba presents business opportunities in oil and energy sector
- Fidel: The Caribbean is an example of how peoples and governments can work together united by culture, history and common interests
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Ireland, a stone in the brexit shoe
- Havana hosts conference on climate change vulnerability and resilience in the Caribbean
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3430
- today: 2437
- online: 123
- total: 5423413