Cuban President Miguel Díaz-Canel presides over activity to mark anniversary of Fidel Castro’s death
Havana University Stairs: Young Cubans pay tribute to Fidel Castro
Havana, November 25 (RHC)– Young Cubans gathered at Havana’s University Stairs on the eve of November 25 to pay tribute to the historical leader of the Cuban Revolution on the second anniversary of his death.
Presided over by Cuban President, Miguel Díaz-Canel, well known artists, performers, singers and singer-songwriters gathered at the foot of the Alma Mater - the University’s main symbol- to have a political-cultural gala titled “Siempre Fidel” (Always Fidel) at the site where Fidel Castro became a revolutionary.
With poetry, songs, music and dances, they paid tribute to Fidel Castro’s example of firmness, simplicity and permanent sacrifice. When the activity was over, a special vigil started at the Juan Abrantes University Stadium behind the university campus.
- Cuba strongly rejects inclusion in arbitrary US Report on Trafficking in Persons
- EU commissioner for international cooperation says ties with Cuba have evolved to higher levels
- Business executive says Cuba is a very popular resort among Europeans
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- US academic not surprised that Trump Administration has made it more difficult for Americans to travel to Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3643
- today: 3355
- online: 105
- total: 6071819