Havana, December 15 (RHC)-- The film Birds of Passage, by Colombian directors Ciro Guerra and Cristina Gallego, won the 40th Havana International Festival of New Latin American Cinema's Coral Award for Best feature-length fiction film.
The movie, which also received the award for Best Original Score, is based on the true story of an indigenous community involved in drug trafficking.
Meanwhile, three special prizes were awarded to Cuban films Inocencia, by Alejandro Gil, Insumisas, by Fernando Pérez and Nido de Mantis, by Arturo Sotto.
The Coral Award for Best Male Actor went to Lorenzo Ferro, for his performance in Argentine film El Ángel while Ilse Salas won best female actress for her role in the film Las niñas bien.
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- Fermín Quiñones: Helms-Burton is against the international community
- RHC's scientific and medical review
- Anayansi Rodriguez: Fidel taught us to defend peace and noble causes around the world
- Fernández de Cossío: the current U.S. government wrongly believe that they can reedit the Monroe Doctrine in our region
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2630
- today: 1172
- online: 92
- total: 5865575