Havana, December 15 (RHC)-- The film Birds of Passage, by Colombian directors Ciro Guerra and Cristina Gallego, won the 40th Havana International Festival of New Latin American Cinema's Coral Award for Best feature-length fiction film.
The movie, which also received the award for Best Original Score, is based on the true story of an indigenous community involved in drug trafficking.
Meanwhile, three special prizes were awarded to Cuban films Inocencia, by Alejandro Gil, Insumisas, by Fernando Pérez and Nido de Mantis, by Arturo Sotto.
The Coral Award for Best Male Actor went to Lorenzo Ferro, for his performance in Argentine film El Ángel while Ilse Salas won best female actress for her role in the film Las niñas bien.
- RHC's national and international news stories Sept. 16
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- RHC's segment Notes on the Revolution Column #6 Sept. 16
- RHC's program Focus on Africa
- RHC's Arts Roundup Sept. 16
- A plot against the Roman Catholic Pope!
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2914
- today: 3317
- online: 160
- total: 6367884