Frank Fernandez in concert. Photo: Cuba Si
Havana, January 7 (RHC)-- Cuban pianist and composer Frank Fernandez announced today that he will dedicate a concert to the Cuban Revolution on the 60th anniversary of Fidel Castro's entry into Havana, with the Freedom Caravan.
On Tuesday, January 8th, the musician will offer a concert at 9:00 p.m. local time at the Morro Cabaña Complex, with free admission for the entire public.
Fernandez announced that the presentation will also be dedicated to the 500th anniversary of the founding of Havana's Villa San Cristobal and constitutes the preamble to the activities for the celebration of its 60 years of artistic life.
In the evening, he will perform works by Austrian composer Franz Schubert, Polish composer Fryderyk Chopin, Cuban composer Ernesto Lecuona, as well as pieces of his own authorship.
The hands of this versatile musician will again perform the work called Ode to the Homeland, a piece inspired by Fidel and premiered on January 1, 1999, in the celebration of the 40th anniversary of the triumph of the Cuban Revolution.
Classified as one of the world's greatest pianists, he has been praised by critics from several continents for his masterful
Inside and outside Cuba, several pieces from his repertoire became popular themes, such as the composition for the soap opera Tierra Brava, the series La Gran Rebelion, as well as the Suite for two pianos, played by himself, one of them live in contrast with the other, previously recorded.
- Academic says denial of entry visas to Cuban scholars to participate in LASA Congress in the US was politically motivated
- Cuban top leaders meet with visiting North Korean Worker´s Party vice president
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: ALBA members must join forces to prevent a new imperialist military adventure in our region
- ALBA-TCP Political Council concerned about actions against regional peace and security
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2756
- today: 789
- online: 121
- total: 5960161