Havana, February 21 (RHC)-- Lizt Alfonso Dance Cuba is returning to Canadian stages as of today with two shows and the live performance of the Failde Orchestra.
In what’s considered the renowned Cuban dance company’s eighth tour of the northern country, Lizt Alfonso Dance Cuba is bringing the ensemble’s hit Cuba Vibra! and the premier of ‘Lumiere sur Cuba’. Seventeen Canadian cities are part of the tour, including Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec City and Calgary. Important stages, such as the Grand Theater of Quebec; Place des Arts of Montreal; the Flato Theater of Markhan and the Jack Singer Concert Hall of Calgary, will bear witness to the overwhelming energy of the Cuban dance company.
Several performers will stand out, such as company soloists Massiel Yedra, Lorena Gutiérrez, Helen Rodríguez and Lorena Flores, along with the corps de ballet, and the live performance of Failde Orchestra, led by maestro Ethiel Failde. Once more Lizt Alfonso Dance Cuba will show its unique fusion-dance style, warming up the Canadian winter.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4088
- today: 4362
- online: 186
- total: 6640197