Havana, March 1 (RHC)-- The Cuban Contemporary Dance Ensemble is staging the show Requiem by Cuba’s choreographer George Céspedes at Havana’s Grand Theater Alicia Alonso.
The big production includes the live performance of Havana’s Grand Theater Symphony and the National Lyrical Theater, conducted by maestro Giovanni Duarte. Dance, singing and live music are part of the show that reinterprets, in a contemporary manner, one of the most important and well-known scores by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. ‘Réquiem’ was premiered in November at the National Auditorium in Mexico City and re-premiered at Havana’s Grand Theater last weekend. It follows the steps of another of the company’s mega-production –Carmina Burana-, also premiered by the Cuban modern dance troupe on the same Mexican stage in 2008.
- The Troika of Tyranny: Neoconservatives Take Charge of Trump’s Latin America Policies
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Migration and defense, top issues in European elections
- Cuba and St. Lucia strengthen bilateral ties
- RHC's weekly feature 'My Reflections on the Revolution'
- Has Trump been deceived about Venezuela?
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3116
- today: 1927
- online: 122
- total: 6039114