Viengsay Valdés dancing Cinderella
Havana, March 2 (RHC)-- La Caridad Theater in the central Cuban city of Santa Clara, is the venue of Cuban National Ballet performances of 'Cinderella', March 1/2.
In statements at the central Cuban city, national ballet company’s Deputy Artistic Director, prima ballerina Viengsay Valdés said that the ensemble’s young dancers will show their virtuosity during the performances. ‘This dance version in two acts and four scenes by choreographer Pedro Consuegra who got inspired by the tale ‘Cinderella’ by French Charles Perrault’, she explained.
Rising young stars Adrián Sánchez, Ernesto Díaz, Claudia García, Chanell Cabrera and Yankiel Vázquez are playing the roles of Greta, Gustavo and the Fairy Mother Rava. Choreographer Consuegra has said that 'Cinderella' is not a classic like ‘Swan Lake’, ‘Sleeping Beauty’ or ‘Don Quixote’, but a comedy where Act II is the only one in which ballet is the strongest element of the piece.
- The Troika of Tyranny: Neoconservatives Take Charge of Trump’s Latin America Policies
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Migration and defense, top issues in European elections
- Cuba and St. Lucia strengthen bilateral ties
- RHC's weekly feature 'My Reflections on the Revolution'
- Has Trump been deceived about Venezuela?
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3116
- today: 1892
- online: 136
- total: 6039079