Cuba's National Ballet Company, led by dance legend Alicia Alonso, will participate at the José Marti Cultural Festival, scheduled for March 31 through April 6 at the Autonomous University of Toluca, Mexico.
Classic dance lovers will have the possibility of enjoying the performance of young dancers Jessie Dominguez, Gretel Morejon, Alfredo Ibañez and Miguel Anaya. The program includes the pas de deux Muñecos (Dolls), choreographed by Alberto Mendez, with a score by Cuban musician Rembert Egues and customs by Salvador Fernandez.
Likewise, audiences will enjoy the pas de deux of Le Corsaire, choreographed by Alicia Alonso, after Marius Petipa, and danced by rising stars Gretel Morejon and Miguel Anaya, while Jessie Dominguez and Alfredo Ibañez will dance the company’s new choreographic hit Retrato (Portrait), by the company’s young dancer and choreographer, Lyvan Verdecia. Closing the Festival will be Shakespeare and his mask, choreographed by Alicia Alonso, on the basis of William Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet.
- Cuban president rejects U.S. interference
- Cuban scholar: the Trump administration will fail because they do not understand Cuba's reality
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- In Brazil, weapons may be freely used
- Cuba warns Title III of Helms-Burton would violate international law and trade norms
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3346
- today: 1273
- online: 92
- total: 5552389