Santiago de Cuba, April 23 (RHC)—The 39th edition of the Caribbean Festival will be held from July 3 to 9 and will be dedicated to Uruguay.
Eduardo Lorier Sandro, ambassador of Uruguay in Cuba, said in the event´s hostess city, Santiago de Cuba, that his country will send a broad and enthusiastic delegation made up of intellectuals and artists from different manifestations, such as music, painting and dance.
According to the House of the Caribbean, the institution that organizes the event, delegations from 23 nations have confirmed their presence to date, including those coming from Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Brazil, Bahamas, Venezuela, Colombia, Curacao, Mexico, Bolivia and Spain.
During the announcement made at the House of the Caribbean, there were performances by the Steel Band of El Cobre municipality, and the famed Cutumba folk ballet from Santiago de Cuba.
- RHC's national and international news stories Jan. 17
- President Diaz-Canel: Trump Administration blames others for its flaws in foreign policy
- Artists attending 35th edition of Jazz Plaza come from around the world
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Visit Cuba
- Notes on the Revolution / Column #58
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 11072
- today: 2126
- online: 152
- total: 7054728