Miguel Díaz-Canel, President of the Cuban Councils of State and Ministers
Havana, June 30 (RHC)-- The closing session of the 9th Cuban Writers and Artists Association Congress is currently underway with the participation of the Cuban President.
The UNEAC gathering, which began yesterday, puts an end to a process that started in 2018 and has analyzed the main difficulties facing the Cuban organization, artists and intellectuals. The plenary session kicked off paying homage to the historical leader of the Cuban Revolution, Fidel Castro, and marking another anniversary of his well-known speech ‘Words to intellectuals’, the result of Fidel Castro’s exchange with artists and intellectuals at the time.
The morning session was attended by Cuban Parliament President, Esteban Lazo; the head of the Cuban Communist Party’s Ideological Affairs Office, Victor Gaute; Cuban Culture Minister, Alpidio Alonso; UNEAC’s President, Miguel Barnet; and intellectuals Eusebio Leal, Abel Prieto and Graciela Pogolotti.
Under the slogan ‘Without culture there is no freedom possible’, the nearly 250 delegates participated in six work commissions Saturday, dealing with issues related to artistic creation and its relationship with institutions; the social projection of culture; the media and social media; tourism and the market; artistic teaching and its relationship with young creators; and the organization’s statutes.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4132
- today: 966
- online: 170
- total: 6744045