Street dancers on stilts with children in Old Havana
Havana, July 4 (RHC)-- The Cuban capital is on a list of 15 cultural destinations for 2019, according to the US magazine National Geographic, despite the Trump administration’s tightened travel restrictions on the island and the stranglehold of the Cuban economy.
The publication says that Havana represents ‘a challenge for any traveller’, at the time that ‘it is a city that is done and undone every day’. The National Geographic Magazine article mentions what it calls ‘the constant movement’ in the capital, its amazing ‘paladars’ (private restaurants) and highlights that there is music, lots of music everywhere. As big event to be held this year in the city is the celebration of the 500th anniversary of Havana and the International New Latin American Film Festival.
In addition to the Cuban capital, other cultural destinations were included on the National Geographic Magazine list, including Oakland in the US; Copenhagen in Denmark; Cairo in Egypt; Vevey in Switzerland; Dakar in Senegal; Novi Sad in Serbia; Seattle in the USA; Galway in Ireland; Dessau in Germany; Matera in Italy; Perth in Australia; and Dordon in France.
- Diaz Canel: No imperialist policy will deter Cuba
- Miguel Díaz-Canel: Unity is our Revolution's most formidable and powerful strength
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- Four Bronze medals for Cuba in Judo Grand Prix
- RHC's scientific and medical review
- Cuban Parliament meets in full for 3rd Ordinary session of 9th Legislature
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3823
- today: 1541
- online: 120
- total: 6142692