Cuban singer-songwriter Silvio Rodríguez
Havana, September 6 (RHC) – Concert # 104 of the so called ‘Tour of the Neighborhoods' by singer-songwriter Silvio Rodriguez will be held Wednesday at 7 p.m. on the corner of 128th B Street and 71st at Los Pocitos in Marianao Municipality. According to concert organizers, the venue changed due to issues of logistics.
As announced by Cubadebate this week, Silvio will be accompanied by flute and clarinet player Niurka González, pianist Jorge Aragón, bassist Jorge Reyes, battery and percussion player Oliver Valdés and vibraphonist and percussionist Emilio Vega. The concert is dedicated to the 30 years of work by the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR), an institution which, throughout decades, has brought protection and support for millions of refugees and displaced people around the world. Like in previous concerts, from 6 to 7 p.m., books for children and youth will be collected for the library of one of the neighborhood’s schools and for the community library of the ‘Akokán’ Project in Los Pocitos. Other guests will be announced shortly.
- Bruno Rodriguez: Despite threats and pressures, the US will never succeed in securing political concessions from Cuba
- NOTES ON THE REVOLUTION / Column 8
- RHC's sports report TIME OUT Sept.20
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Political crisis continues in Spain
- RHC's national and international news stories Sept. 19
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3543
- today: 3189
- online: 133
- total: 6394490