Havana, January 21 (RHC) - Silvio Rodríguez returns to his neighborhood tours, with concert # 108, scheduled for Friday, January 24. The venue is set for Santa Amelia, Calle 4 and Circunvalación Oeste at the Antón Makarenko Community in Havana’s Cotorro municipality. The singer-songwriter will be accompanied by Niurka González, Oliver Valdés, the Trovarroco duet (Rachid López and Maykel Elizarde) and Jorge Reyes.
As in previous performances, children and youth books will be collected to donate to the library of one of the neighborhood schools. The book collection that became customary beginning in the 100th concert will take place from 5:00 to 6:00 pm. Silvio Rodríguez is one of the founding members of the so called ‘New Song Movement’ in the 1960’s along with Pablo Milanés, Noel Nicola and others.
- RHC's program 'Connecting the Dots'
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba condemns U.S. blockade at UN Human Rights Council
- Frei Betto affirms Cuba is the only country in the region that guarantees its population the rights to food, health, education
- Cuba & Puerto Rico are two wings of the same bird
- Cuban diplomat calls New Constitution a paradigm guaranteeing full enjoyment of all human rights by all Cubans
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 8111
- today: 1011
- online: 152
- total: 7390565