The 29th International Book Fair -FIL Cuba 2020- was inaugurated this Thursday at the San Carlos de La Cabaña Fortress in Havana.
Heading the ceremony was Cuban President Miguel Díaz-Canel Bemurdez, the President of the National Assembly of People's Power, Esteban Lazo Hernández, and Truong Thi Mai, member of the Political Bureau and the Secretariat of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of Vietnam.
She heads the delegation from Vietnam, the guest of honor at the cultural event.
With an artistic gala and the presence of members of the delegation of the Asian nation, as well as other leaders of the Party and the Cuban government, the 29th edition of FIL Cuba 2020 was officially launched.
The 29th International Book Fair will pay homage to the work of recently deceased Cuban essayist Ana Cairo, National prize in Social Sciences, and playwright Eugenio Hernandez, National Prize of Theatre 2005.
- RHC's program 'Connecting the Dots'
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba condemns U.S. blockade at UN Human Rights Council
- Frei Betto affirms Cuba is the only country in the region that guarantees its population the rights to food, health, education
- Cuba & Puerto Rico are two wings of the same bird
- Cuban diplomat calls New Constitution a paradigm guaranteeing full enjoyment of all human rights by all Cubans
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 9107
- today: 3573
- online: 208
- total: 7376143