The films include La viuda de Montiel (Montiel’s Widow), Crónica de una muerte anunciada (Chronicle of an Announced Death), El coronel no tiene quien le escriba (The Colonel has nobody to write to him), La mala hora (The Bad Time), El amor en los tiempos del cólera (Love in the Times of Cholera), Del amor y otros demonios (Of Times and other Demons), and others.
The retrospective will wind up with the Colombian writer’s controversial speech at the 4th International Spanish Language Congress held in Cartagena de Indias, Colombia, in 2007.
The author of Cien años de soledad (One Hundred Years of Solitude) celebrated his 86th birthday in March. One of his best known books, El amor en los tiempos del cólera (Love in the Times of Cholera), has been translated into several languages, including Mandarin, an official version of which will reach China for the first time.
- President Raúl Castro Meets with Visiting Counterpart from Serbia
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Protests and Repression Continue in Argentina
- Cuba Renews Its Solidarity with Venezuela at ALBA-TCP Political Council
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuban Parliament President Esteban Lazo Meets with Serbian President
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3914
- today: 878
- online: 180
- total: 4104988