The 30th anniversary of Havana’s Fine Arts Biennial is being celebrated this year in May under the slogan “a living lab”.
Since 1984 the event has set a milestone in Cuban arts and culture, providing a space for the exchange of ideas and reflection. Since that date, connoisseurs and public from all walks of life who have taken a look at the newest tendencies in art production in Asia, Africa, the Middle East, Latin America and the Caribbean, have gathered in 11 editions of the biennial. The art event has also turned public spaces and open air places into living galleries, turning Havana into a large and plural art area.
At the gathering, sponsored and organized by Havana Wilfredo Lam Contemporary Art Center, the exhibition at the “living lab” will combine new pieces and others that have been on display on previous occasions. A debate forum on the biennials’ fruitful experiences and a photographic competition will be held during the encounter, where the public can participate with images captured in previous biennials.
- Cuban president begins two-day working visit to Camagüey
- MarCuba 2018: time to turn the tide and change direction towards protecting the oceans
- Havana gears up to host Cuba's main trade event
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Migrant caravan moves north towards U.S.-Mexico Border
- Homero Acosta: The Cuban Communist Party must abide by the Constitution and uphold it
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3332
- today: 1677
- online: 126
- total: 5251013