Cuban pianist and jazz musician, Ernán López-Nussa, won the Grand Prix at the 18th International Cubadisco Fair, Cuba’s top recording industry festival, for his album Sacrilegio, produced by the record label Colibrí.
Sacrilegio includes versions of classical and popular music, including pieces by Johann Sebastian Bach, Ludwig van Beethoven and Cuban musicians Ernesto Lecuona and Ignacio Cervantes. The CD-DVD also won the award in the Anthology of Versions, Recording, CD-DVD and Jazz categories, as announced at a ceremony held at the Havana based Cuban National Hotel.
Other awards went to the album Espontáneamente by Cuban singer Beatriz Márquez, who also took home an Extraordinary Artistry Award, and to Siempre habrá Van Van by the Cuban Children’s Theater Company La Colmenita, also awarded with an Extraordinary Special Prize.
- Cuba denounces maneuvers in Peru
- Cuban civil society thinks about America
- Cuban civil society debates agenda of upcoming Summit of the Americas
- Kenyan business executive says Cuba is a great place
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Manipulated minds can equal secured votes
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4099
- today: 1811
- online: 120
- total: 4487663