Celebrations marking the 30th anniversary of the Havana International Fine Art Biennial kick off on Thursday with a theoretical encounter on the significance of Cuba’s most important visual arts event over 30 years.
The meet will gather experts and creators from different parts of the world at the Fine Arts Museum headquarters for three days. The encounter will focus on the national and international context in which Havana’s Biennial emerged, its historical and theoretical importance and situation and perspectives of the event.
An essential moment in celebrations will be the opening of the exhibition 30th anniversary on Thursday, made up of documents dealing with the visual arts event and a considerable number of pieces belonging to the Havana based Wifredo Lam Contemporary Art Center and to several artists. The Visual Arts Development Center, the Wifredo Lam Center and Cuba’s Photo Archive located in Old Havana will be the exhibition’s venues.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4748
- today: 696
- online: 203
- total: 6766514