Celebrations marking the 30th anniversary of the Havana International Fine Art Biennial kick off on Thursday with a theoretical encounter on the significance of Cuba’s most important visual arts event over 30 years.
The meet will gather experts and creators from different parts of the world at the Fine Arts Museum headquarters for three days. The encounter will focus on the national and international context in which Havana’s Biennial emerged, its historical and theoretical importance and situation and perspectives of the event.
An essential moment in celebrations will be the opening of the exhibition 30th anniversary on Thursday, made up of documents dealing with the visual arts event and a considerable number of pieces belonging to the Havana based Wifredo Lam Contemporary Art Center and to several artists. The Visual Arts Development Center, the Wifredo Lam Center and Cuba’s Photo Archive located in Old Havana will be the exhibition’s venues.
- This weekend, Cubans serving abroad will have the opportunity to vote on the country’s new constitution
- Italian undersecretary of foreign affairs on official visit to Cuba
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba: It is imperative to halt an imperialist military intervention in Venezuela
- President Miguel Diaz-Canel assesses progress of recovery after devastating tornado
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2933
- today: 2562
- online: 124
- total: 5649642