Young pianists from different countries will meet in Old Havana from June 5 through 29 with the sponsorship of Cuban piano teacher Salomón Gadles Mikowsky.
The opening gala will take place at the recently renovated Martí Theater with a concert by Alexandra Beliakovich from Belarus, Xiayin Wang from China, and the Cuban National Symphony conducted by maestro Enrique Pérez Mesa. The gathering’s venues will be the Martí Theater, the Minor Basilica of the Saint Francis of Assisi Concert Hall and the Ignacio Cervantes Hall.
The programming includes 18 concerts held by young pianists from different countries like Cuba, China, Russia, Armenia, Australia, Cyprus, South Korea, the United States, Belarus and Egypt, who have been awarded in international competitions on several occasions. Their coaches also include Cuban maestros Teresita Junco, Frank Fernández, Ulises Hernández, Mercedes Estevez, Rosalía Capote, María Teresa Pita, Ernán López-Nussa, Aldo López-Gavilán and Patricio Malcolm.
- Cuban president rejects U.S. interference
- Cuban scholar: the Trump administration will fail because they do not understand Cuba's reality
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- In Brazil, weapons may be freely used
- Cuba warns Title III of Helms-Burton would violate international law and trade norms
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2873
- today: 1671
- online: 134
- total: 5555660