The famous Cuban band Los Van Van, also known as the Cuban musical train, is preparing for a new DVD set to be filmed and recorded in France shortly.
Band director, Samuel Formell, said that the DVD will be shot during a concert the orchestra is scheduled to give in Paris on Saturday, June 7th, as part of a European tour. The audiovisual material will be dedicated to the life and work of his father, recently deceased band director and Cuban musician, Juan Formell, and to Los Van Van orchestra, one of the most emblematic Cuban music bands celebrating its 45th anniversary this year.
The Paris concert will also feature guests, such as former Van Van singer Pedrito Calvo and Cuban musician, Isaac Delgado. The DVD will be shot at a lake with the sponsorship of the Enghien-les-Bains Arts Center.
- Cuba supports projects to address climate change across Caribbean region
- Kenyan president inaugurates his country's embassy in Cuba
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- The most persecuted people in the world
- Kenyan President visits Cuba
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3641
- today: 2851
- online: 143
- total: 4461852