The famous Cuban band Los Van Van, also known as the Cuban musical train, is preparing for a new DVD set to be filmed and recorded in France shortly.
Band director, Samuel Formell, said that the DVD will be shot during a concert the orchestra is scheduled to give in Paris on Saturday, June 7th, as part of a European tour. The audiovisual material will be dedicated to the life and work of his father, recently deceased band director and Cuban musician, Juan Formell, and to Los Van Van orchestra, one of the most emblematic Cuban music bands celebrating its 45th anniversary this year.
The Paris concert will also feature guests, such as former Van Van singer Pedrito Calvo and Cuban musician, Isaac Delgado. The DVD will be shot at a lake with the sponsorship of the Enghien-les-Bains Arts Center.
- President Raúl Castro Meets with Visiting Counterpart from Serbia
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Protests and Repression Continue in Argentina
- Cuba Renews Its Solidarity with Venezuela at ALBA-TCP Political Council
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuban Parliament President Esteban Lazo Meets with Serbian President
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4241
- today: 3226
- online: 195
- total: 4103422