The eastern city of Santiago de Cuba is hosting the 34th edition of the Caribbean Festival, one of the most important of its kind in the region.
Dedicated to the sister nation of Suriname on this occasion, representatives of some 30 countries are gathering in the eastern city as of July 3 to enjoy the Festival, also known as the Fire Fiesta. One thousand foreign participants from Brazil, Argentina, Colombia, Haiti and others are on hand in this traditional festivity.
Santiago de Cuba’s Heredia Cultural Complex is the event’s main venue, where the opening gala will take place. At the opening Surinamese performers will present their dances, traditional costumes and music as an example of the country’s diversity.
- U.S. congressional delegation wraps up visit to Cuba
- Activists urge protest actions to demand closure of Guantánamo Naval Base
- Argentina, in the claws of the vultures!
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Visiting US congressional delegation meets with President Raúl Castro, speaks to the media in Havana
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3864
- today: 2239
- online: 119
- total: 4380225