On hand were Cuban First Vice-President, Miguel Díaz-Canel, and National Assembly President, Esteban Lazo. Along with cultural, political and youth organization leaders were Cuban President Advisor, Abel Prieto, and Culture MInister, Rafael Bernal.
The ceremony, included in the program of the young artists organization’s 2nd Congress, which groups more than two thousand young artists from all over the island and winds up today, also served to present the Maestro de Juventudes (Master of Youth) Awards to personalities with an outstanding work in the cultural area, including writer Nancy Morejón, painters Lesbia Vent-Dumois and Nelson Domínguez; musicians Digna Guerra and Wilfredo “Pachy” Naranjo; filmmaker Tulio Raggi; architect Mario Coyula and theater director Carlos Díaz.
The AHS Congress has provided an ideal place for reflection and debate on young arts, its promotion, its role in today’s Cuban society and the defense of the utopian ideals of the Cuban Revolution.
- President Raúl Castro Meets with Visiting Counterpart from Serbia
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Protests and Repression Continue in Argentina
- Cuba Renews Its Solidarity with Venezuela at ALBA-TCP Political Council
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuban Parliament President Esteban Lazo Meets with Serbian President
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3914
- today: 1564
- online: 182
- total: 4105674