The Havana based Casa de las Américas cultural institution is celebrating its 55th birthday on July 4th with an ambitious summer program aimed at promoting reading.
The emblematic cultural center dedicated to Latin American cultural integration is selling books published by its prestigious publishing house as part of the Summer Readings event that began on Friday. Poetic and narrative volumes by Casa de las Américas are up for sale at the current event, as well as books of a more anthropological tint by different authors, such as Cuba’s Jesús Arboleya or Brazil’s Chico Buarque.
Since its conception in April 1059, Casa de las Américas has provided a space to promote the most autochthonous aspects of Cuban and Latin American cultures, to which the prestigious Casa de las Américas Literary Award has made an important contribution, as well as the publishing of the best of the most revolutionary thinking in Latin America and the Caribbean.
- The Troika of Tyranny: Neoconservatives Take Charge of Trump’s Latin America Policies
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Migration and defense, top issues in European elections
- Cuba and St. Lucia strengthen bilateral ties
- RHC's weekly feature 'My Reflections on the Revolution'
- Has Trump been deceived about Venezuela?
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3116
- today: 1834
- online: 161
- total: 6039021