French-Spanish journalist, Ignacio Ramonet, has been the status of Member of Honor of the Cuban Writers and Artists Association, UNEAC, in Havana.
The ceremony took place at the Havana headquarters of UNEAC that groups the Cuban artistic avant-garde. On hand at the event was Cuban President aide, Abel Prieto, Culture Minister, Julián González, and other figures of the island’s arts and letters. UNEAC President and renowned writer, Miguel Barnet, said that the recognition was a tribute to an honest friend of Cuba who has always be ton noble and just causes. For his part, Ramonet noted that he specially loves Cuba, the Cuban Revolution and its historical leader, Fidel Castro, adding that being an honorable member of UNEAC was the consecration of his entire work life.
- Academic says denial of entry visas to Cuban scholars to participate in LASA Congress in the US was politically motivated
- Cuban top leaders meet with visiting North Korean Worker´s Party vice president
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: ALBA members must join forces to prevent a new imperialist military adventure in our region
- ALBA-TCP Political Council concerned about actions against regional peace and security
- RHC's Arts Roundup
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3010
- today: 1214
- online: 122
- total: 5957830