Havana’s José Martí Memorial in Revolution Square will be the venue of a photo exhibit titled Fidel es Fidel (Fidel is Fidel), by Cuban documentary maker, Roberto Chile, to celebrate the 88th birthday of the historical leader of the Cuban Revolution on August 13.
The exhibition is scheduled to open on August 12th and is made up of images of Fidel Castro taken in the last decade, as well as documentaries and videos that show the vionary Cuban statesman’s life and work. A bronze sculpture inspired by one of his most emblematic photos and two photos painted by Cuban artist, Ernesto Rancaño, will add lyricism to the exhibit that will be on display for a month.
The photos will also be exhibited at the Art Stalker Gallery in Berlin, Germany, where the Roberto Chile documentaries "Chávez y Fidel, hasta siempre" (Chávez and Fidel Forever) and "Oda a la Revolución" (Ode to Revolution) will also be screened. For more than 25 years, documentary maker, Roberto Chile, has documented and registered in images the work and political life of the Cuban leader.
- Some 60 Countries to Attend Havana's International Trade Fair FIHAV
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuba Helps Caribbean States Recover from Devastation Caused by Powerful Hurricanes
- RHC's Segment 'The Real Story'
- RHC's Interview with Patrick Manteiga, Editor and Publisher of La Gaceta Newspaper in Tampa
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4037
- today: 4134
- online: 144
- total: 3860995