Havana’s José Martí Memorial in Revolution Square will be the venue of a photo exhibit titled Fidel es Fidel (Fidel is Fidel), by Cuban documentary maker, Roberto Chile, to celebrate the 88th birthday of the historical leader of the Cuban Revolution on August 13.
The exhibition is scheduled to open on August 12th and is made up of images of Fidel Castro taken in the last decade, as well as documentaries and videos that show the vionary Cuban statesman’s life and work. A bronze sculpture inspired by one of his most emblematic photos and two photos painted by Cuban artist, Ernesto Rancaño, will add lyricism to the exhibit that will be on display for a month.
The photos will also be exhibited at the Art Stalker Gallery in Berlin, Germany, where the Roberto Chile documentaries "Chávez y Fidel, hasta siempre" (Chávez and Fidel Forever) and "Oda a la Revolución" (Ode to Revolution) will also be screened. For more than 25 years, documentary maker, Roberto Chile, has documented and registered in images the work and political life of the Cuban leader.
- Cuba denounces maneuvers in Peru
- Cuban civil society thinks about America
- Cuban civil society debates agenda of upcoming Summit of the Americas
- Kenyan business executive says Cuba is a great place
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Manipulated minds can equal secured votes
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4099
- today: 1811
- online: 121
- total: 4487663