The long awaited Carnival of Havana kicked off today with traditional floats, parades and streets dancers.
The traditional popular parties are long awaited by thousands of people throughout the year, willing to enjoy the event’s colorful shows. Streets dancers companies on hand at the carnival include La Jardinera, la Giraldilla de La Habana, Guaracheros de Regla, Los Marqueses de Atarés and El Alacrán.
Musicians and bands participating in the popular fiestas, scheduled for August 8-10 and 15-17, include the bands Adalberto Alvarez y Su Son, and the emblematic “conga” band Tambores de Bejucal, taking part as part of the Villa de San Cristóbal de la Habana Project. Tambores de Bejucal has received several awards in 50 years and has also performed in Europe, Latin America and the Caribbean.
- U.S. Republican lawmakers favor agricultural trade between Cuba and the United States
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Terrible week in Guatemala
- Colombians in awe due to threat of disaster at hidroituango dam
- Cuba condemns OAS' interference in Venezuela's internal affairs
- U.S. imperialism has not succeeded in destroying Puerto Rican nationalism
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3693
- today: 518
- online: 103
- total: 4842655