The long awaited Carnival of Havana kicked off today with traditional floats, parades and streets dancers.
The traditional popular parties are long awaited by thousands of people throughout the year, willing to enjoy the event’s colorful shows. Streets dancers companies on hand at the carnival include La Jardinera, la Giraldilla de La Habana, Guaracheros de Regla, Los Marqueses de Atarés and El Alacrán.
Musicians and bands participating in the popular fiestas, scheduled for August 8-10 and 15-17, include the bands Adalberto Alvarez y Su Son, and the emblematic “conga” band Tambores de Bejucal, taking part as part of the Villa de San Cristóbal de la Habana Project. Tambores de Bejucal has received several awards in 50 years and has also performed in Europe, Latin America and the Caribbean.
- U.S. congressional delegation wraps up visit to Cuba
- Activists urge protest actions to demand closure of Guantánamo Naval Base
- Argentina, in the claws of the vultures!
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Visiting US congressional delegation meets with President Raúl Castro, speaks to the media in Havana
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4312
- today: 2365
- online: 101
- total: 4372690