The long awaited Carnival of Havana kicked off today with traditional floats, parades and streets dancers.
The traditional popular parties are long awaited by thousands of people throughout the year, willing to enjoy the event’s colorful shows. Streets dancers companies on hand at the carnival include La Jardinera, la Giraldilla de La Habana, Guaracheros de Regla, Los Marqueses de Atarés and El Alacrán.
Musicians and bands participating in the popular fiestas, scheduled for August 8-10 and 15-17, include the bands Adalberto Alvarez y Su Son, and the emblematic “conga” band Tambores de Bejucal, taking part as part of the Villa de San Cristóbal de la Habana Project. Tambores de Bejucal has received several awards in 50 years and has also performed in Europe, Latin America and the Caribbean.
- 6th Caricom-Cuba Summit Reaffirms Latin America and Caribbean as 'Zone of Peace'
- CARICOM and Cuba Leaders Renew Commitment to Advancing Sustainable Regional Development
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Havana sings to Sabina)
- RHC's Weekly Review
- RHC's Weekly Segment 'Breakthrough'
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4242
- today: 1037
- online: 169
- total: 4083760