The photo exhibit titled Fidel es Fidel (Fidel is Fidel) by documentary maker, Roberto Chile, opened at the José Martí Memorial, in Revolution Square, to celebrate the 88th birthday of Cuban Revolution leader, Fidel Castro.
Works include images of Fidel Castro taken in the last decade, as well as documentaries and videos that show the visionary Cuban statesman’s life and work. A bronze sculpture inspired by one of his most emblematic photos and two photos recreated by Cuban artist, Ernesto Rancaño, are adding lyricism to the exhibit that will be on display for until September 28th.
Roberto Chile, who for more than 25 years has captured images in motion of Fidel Castro, has this time chosen photography to further immortalize transcendent decisive moments in history and the epic symbol of an iconic man who has fought his entire life: Fidel Castro.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4355
- today: 2716
- online: 138
- total: 6634463