The photo exhibit titled Fidel es Fidel (Fidel is Fidel) by documentary maker, Roberto Chile, opened at the José Martí Memorial, in Revolution Square, to celebrate the 88th birthday of Cuban Revolution leader, Fidel Castro.
Works include images of Fidel Castro taken in the last decade, as well as documentaries and videos that show the visionary Cuban statesman’s life and work. A bronze sculpture inspired by one of his most emblematic photos and two photos recreated by Cuban artist, Ernesto Rancaño, are adding lyricism to the exhibit that will be on display for until September 28th.
Roberto Chile, who for more than 25 years has captured images in motion of Fidel Castro, has this time chosen photography to further immortalize transcendent decisive moments in history and the epic symbol of an iconic man who has fought his entire life: Fidel Castro.
- 16th Summit of ALBA Heads of State and Government held in Havana
- Havana becomes the capital of regional integration once again
- The bigger they are the harder they fall!
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- U.S. scholar: regarding the health incidents, Cuba has acted in an honorable, legal manner, whereas the United States has not
- Cuba-CARICOM Day celebrated in Havana
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2820
- today: 2011
- online: 123
- total: 5438733