The photo exhibit titled Fidel es Fidel (Fidel is Fidel) by documentary maker, Roberto Chile, opened at the José Martí Memorial, in Revolution Square, to celebrate the 88th birthday of Cuban Revolution leader, Fidel Castro.
Works include images of Fidel Castro taken in the last decade, as well as documentaries and videos that show the visionary Cuban statesman’s life and work. A bronze sculpture inspired by one of his most emblematic photos and two photos recreated by Cuban artist, Ernesto Rancaño, are adding lyricism to the exhibit that will be on display for until September 28th.
Roberto Chile, who for more than 25 years has captured images in motion of Fidel Castro, has this time chosen photography to further immortalize transcendent decisive moments in history and the epic symbol of an iconic man who has fought his entire life: Fidel Castro.
- RHC's national and international news stories Sept. 17
- Havana to host Anti-imperialist Meeting of Solidarity, for Democracy and against Neoliberalism
- RHC's program 'Connecting the dots'
- A pause in the fight over BREXIT
- RHC's national and international news stories Sept. 16
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3981
- today: 2415
- online: 136
- total: 6374458