The Cuban children’s theater company La Colmenita returned to Havana after a successful tour of Kuwait, where it represented Cuba at the 16th International Summer Children’s Festival, Kuwait 2014.
The group performed at the prestigious Al Dasma Theater in the country’s capital with its show La Cucarachita Martina y Los Van Van, receiving both critics and audiences acclaim. La Colmenita also celebrated the 88th birthday of Cuban leader, Fidel Castro, on August 13th at the Dasman Diabetes Institute with a Concertazzo Musical, and later it held another concert at the Cuban embassy in the Kuwaiti capital, featuring tunes by important Cuban composers Sindo Garay, Miguel Matamoros, María Teresa Vera, Carlos Puebla and Silvio Rodríguez.
Kuwait’s government officials and cultural experts, as well as diplomats from several countries were on hand to enjoy the arts and grace of La Colmenita children. The Dasman Diabetes Institute is a very prestigious Children’s Diabetest center located in Kuwait City. Part of the company is now currently performing in the central province of Villa Clara, including presentations in towns and cities, such as Encrucijada, Santa Clara, Ranchuelo, Quemado de Güines, Corralillo and Cifuentes.
- Cuban civil society debates agenda of upcoming Summit of the Americas
- Kenyan business executive says Cuba is a great place
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Manipulated minds can equal secured votes
- Cuba pledges continued use of ITs for social justice goals
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Duo Buena Fe)
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3909
- today: 1668
- online: 138
- total: 4479257