The National Art Teaching Award was granted to renowned pianist and piano professor, Alicia Perea, in recognition of her dedication to the formation and training of the new generations of artists and art professionals in Cuba.
Founder of the National Art School in 1962, Alicia Perea directed that prestigious art educational center for 16 years, where she also worked as a pianist teacher. In 1987 Perea directed the Cuban Culture Ministry’s Music Division and the Cuban Music Institute. A Member of Honor of the Cuban Writers and Artists Association, UNEAC, Perea has received the Alejo Carpentier and Rafael María de Mendive Medals, the Juan Marinello Order, the National Culture Distinction and the Raúl Gómez García Medal. She obtained the Special Cubadisco Award for her Album Cuban Piano Composers of the 20th Century.
- Academic says denial of entry visas to Cuban scholars to participate in LASA Congress in the US was politically motivated
- Cuban top leaders meet with visiting North Korean Worker´s Party vice president
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: ALBA members must join forces to prevent a new imperialist military adventure in our region
- ALBA-TCP Political Council concerned about actions against regional peace and security
- RHC's Arts Roundup
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3010
- today: 1135
- online: 102
- total: 5957751